Friday 7 September 2012

Book Review - 500 Social Media Marketing Tips by Andrew Macarthy

Primarily bought this book as something I could dip into (in between guests etc!) and hopefully pick up a few tips and for the price of about £2.99 felt even if I didn't gain much I wasn't particularly out of pocket.

However was pleasantly surprised brought to my attention Pintrest and Instagram the second of which I had never even heard of, and I pride myself on keeping up to date. Picked up a few useful tips on blogging, Twitter and Facebook which I feel will be most useful for my product as an accommodation provider - feel instagram doesn't really appeal to my target market and product but at least I now know that.

Feel the author is aiming at perhaps larger businesses than mine as feel that finding an hour in the week for social media can be difficult at best for us little guys - so perhaps a section on what to do to be most effective with a limited time allowance could be useful.

The book is also compact with approximately 100 pages and according to the author is regularly updated (last update was August 2012 so is better in this way than a paper copy for this medium). Generally pleased with the purchase and feel the tips way of writing is good if you have to keep breaking off as it is in nice bite sized chunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment