Tuesday 30 June 2009

How to open and operate a Bed and Breakfast by Jan Stankus 8th edition. I am not sure if I have already reviewed this book but I have just re-read it and it is full of great suggestions and ideas written in an easy to ready format. It also includes a lot of useful forms and plans for example for marketing. To be fair it is aimed squarly at the American Market and at least a couple of chapters arn't relevant but in the main it is a good relevant read. In some areas she goes a bit far as I am not hand making my own bread and picking out table centre pieces every day but it could be fun for Hallowene for example depending on your clientel (ie business executive might not be amused) The book is aimed at the small B&B person who may be only having 3 rooms or so but there are still some nuggets for the larger operators amongst us. My only reservation would be that it was quite an expensive book comparatively I think I paid about £15.00 plus postage but you could always re-sell it. For myself I am keeping it for future reference. I would also point out there is very little reference to the internet which we all know is a huge part of our marketing strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment