Friday 18 December 2009

Just finished Running a B&B a Landlady's Guide by Christabel Milner. I have thoroughly enjoyed this book it is of a size that fits in your handbag and I finished it in 3 days. Christable writes in a no nonsence style that I approve of and is full of handy hints. However her book is more aimed at people who are aiming to keep their opperation below 6 rooms so be aware of this if you are thinking larger. However I think this book is a good place for anyone wanting to get into the trade to start. I like the way she seems to think of things and pop them in at random and the short list of tips at the end of each chapter is also useful. I strongly agree with her advice to get a good accountant as I used to work the for Inland Revenue and I found that the reason most small businesses fail is due to bad record keeping and accounting. Make sure you are getting all the benefits and tax breaks you are entitled to! Keep Every Receipt! This is her advice and she is spot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment