Tuesday 23 February 2010

A lady asked me this week for any tips on smiling at the customers when you really don't feel like it. I was a bit stumped apart from the fact that sometimes if you don't laugh you'll cry. We tend to try and think of our guests as people we really like to see (even though we havn't met yet) and are pleasantly surprised that they have arrived. Another tip is to actually practice smiling and laughing. (I know this sounds bonkers) but laughing is actually a learned behaviour so you have to get your self into the habit of smiling and being happy. As we all know there are times when you just want to bang your head on the nearest hard surface. (I got over booked by 4 and believe me I was not smiling!) but Ive sorted out all the people and everything is back on an even keal so you get there. I am lucky to have a good relationship with my neighbours. I think one of the most valuable skills to have in customer service is the ability to laugh at yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment