Saturday 28 February 2009

Useful tip as regards marketing is when they are staying with you make notes I use the back of their registration card i.e. why they are here and what they particularly enjoyed. If they are here for shopping or say things like we must come back for shopping though we are here for fill in the blank make a note and you can send them a postcard, email or Christmas card in a few months time. I keep a special file for these people as November and December in Harrogate are very quiet and send them Christmas cards at the beginning of November. I also have been super organised this year as I got all my Christmas cards in the January sales for a bargain so I am now prepped for Christmas. I would also recommend doing these cards etc on the afternoon of the day they leave as then you will remember the person and can put a personal message and it will save you trying to do them all at once and if you put stamps on them then it spreads the cost over the year as well. I have a box that I do the card of likely repeat customers and I pop it in and when November comes I take the full box to the post office and my work is done. One book I read suggests that you have your own cards done with a picture of your premises on it for these occasions. This is up to you and if you do it is a useful marketing tool you can use all year round. However I find things like this can be very expensive for the actual revenue you generate from them so be careful. Postcards on a similar theme are a lot cheaper and have the same effect. We are considering having postcards done because then you can leave a few in each guests room and if they send them to relatives then it is free advertising for you, you don’t even have to pay for the stamp yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment